TAP Assistance with Manufacturing Processes
The manufacturing process team includes
Mark Lehto, Professor of Industrial Engineering
Global competitiveness requires manufacturing processes that have high capability, productivity, and flexibility. TAP has assisted hundreds of Indiana companies with manufacturing processes since 1986. Through TAP, your business can take advantage of the experience and knowledge of Purdue faculty, graduate assistants, and professional staff. TAP staff visit over 200 companies each year to provide confidential assistance. Up to five days of Purdue input is available at no cost for qualifying projects. Extended work can be quoted.
Common requests include:
- Material handling automation
- Assembly and process automation
- Problem solving
- Advanced process control and conformance to ISO standards
- Implementation of lean concepts such as 5S, SMED, and Total Productive Maintenance
- Specific process questions regarding casting, forging, metalworking, polymer processing, wood processing, and others
Please contact us to discuss assistance from TAP.